Monstercat 2021 New Year Art Contest Winner

 


In December 2020, Monstercat hosted an art contest and invited fans to come up with an artwork that best represents the label, the community and the spirit of the New Year. The winner gets to have their artwork featured as the label's first post of 2021 among other prizes.

Although I've taken part in art contests in the past, this is the first contest I joined from Monstercat. I spent a few days brainstorming ideas and decided to have something involving a more 'impressionistic' background that represents various aspects of the Monstercat fanbase


The original idea had a globe behind the mascots to represent fans around the world but it ended up looking like an Earth Day drawing so I changed it to something that involves lasers to represent online concerts. I also experimented a lot with the colours before settling for mostly pink and blue.

All in all, it was a fun contest and I'm surprised and happy to have won. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog!

To Be Apart